The operation of the railway section concessioned to Fenoco is controlled through ITCS, which is a centralized traffic control system with virtual signaling and positive control of train speed, the main components and functionalities are described in the items described below.
- Railedge: Software interface of the traffic controllers in the Control Center.
- Tetra communications system update to support the ITCS system.
- Equipment on board the locomotives.
- Equipment installed on the track.
- Virtual signage.
- Automatic level crossing protection system.
- 'Optical Fiber.
- Emission of routes and advance authorities from the office to the equipment on board the locomotives. It does not allow conflicts between routes or jobs (human error).
- Positions the switches for the train route from the office. Detects anomalies and protects the train and jobs.
- Determines Location, Speed & Train Direction.
- Guarantees compliance with the speed limit, penalty stop application.
- It allows to send several trains in the same direction maintaining safe distances. Protection of train by train track.
- Train integrity loss detection. (Detects possible train splits, failures on the onboard equipment and the communication system)